Friday, May 2, 2008

Oh, My Boss!!

So I get to work yesterday and my boss is on the phone talking with someone who needs to know where there is a NAPA Auto parts store on Plymouth Rd. I work on the corner of Plymouth and Middlebelt between Farmington Rd. and Inkster. He told the guy he would call information and see if there was one on Plymouth. He hung up and I told him to get online and find a store locator and that might be the best, most time saving way to get the guy where he needed to go. He didn't respond to that, but instead called information and found out that there was no NAPA on Plymouth, called the guy back and said, "Sorry, can't help ya. Good luck." I got changed and by the time he was finished talking with the guy I had found a store locator that put a NAPA nearby on Farmington Rd, which intersects at Plymouth, probably the one the guy was thinking of. I told my boss that I found one and he ignored me and carried on with a few other people in the office about how there used to be this and that here and there. He never even called the guy back to tell him what I found. I work at one of the Big Three here in D-Town who for many years had their own security department. A few years ago the security department was outsourced so now there is a mix of the way things used to be and it ain't that way anymore and God forbid an it ain't that way anymore have a better idea than a way things used to be. We're supposed to be courtious, helpful, professional and polite. We are a highly visible entity that has to do more than shuffle paperwork and answer phones and tell people just enough to shut them up. We have to go every extra mile to satisfy our customer. How is it that my boss gets paid to do what I did and yet he did not? How is it that I don't get paid to do what I already do better than he does? More to come from the working class idiot...

No comments: