Thursday, May 29, 2008

Here we go again folks

I got to work yesterday and there are two posts that our resident idiot and I switch off on. If one starts on patrol that means he ends on the truck gate. Now, captian screw ball started on patrol the day before yesterday which means he ended on the truckgate that night. Now, yesterday was the weekly fire testing which means there were four people on shift instead of the usual three. I was trying to be fair to the Mario Bro's look-alike and asked my super where he wanted me to start out on so that he didn't get stuck at the truck gate two nights in a row. My super kept telling me that we were on a three man rotation so I said ok, that means I''ll start on the truck gate so I'll end down there. (Usually we have a two man rotation and the super stays in the office most of the night). My super told me no so I asked him where I should start so that it works out fair for the both of us (resident idiot and I). Then my super said since we were on a three man rotation that I would start out on the truck gate so that I would end down there. I looked at him and told him that's what I just said. He said, "Yeah, I just wanted to make sure..." Ok, I ask a yes or no question, I expect a yes or no answer, if I get otherwise it is obvious to me that someone is lying about something or trying to hide something, more or less both. If I ask a direct question and don't get a direct answer then it makes it impossible to do my job. I can go in and do whatever the hell I want and it doesn't matter, so long as it looks good. I've never been one for keeping up appearences and my philosophy is that I would rather do something productive and worth while, than stand around and look good for no good reason. If you do your job well then you don't have to worry about making it look good because it already is good and people will see that proof clearly. It makes me think of Rob Zombie's song Educated Horses only in this case I think it's more appropriate to think in terms of Educated Jackasses: they know what they're doing but they're stubborn as hell and are going to do it their way regardless of what I need in terms of communication and information to do my job. I'm getting married in less than three months and will probably quit my job and move to Wisconsin. Not that there won't be idiots over there I'll end up working for butI think we all get tired of being around the same stupid people day in and day out. If you hang around an idiot long enough you kinda start acting like one. I'm about at the end of my rope.

No comments: